Albondigas (Mexican Meatballs)
Yet another recipe for meatballs but well worthwhile. This uses 1lb of minced steak but you can use 8oz plus 8oz of minced pork or lamb. It is entirely up to you.
- 1lb of Special Offer Minced Steak.
- 1 Clove of Crushed Garlic.
- 2 Tbsp of Dry Breadcrumbs.
- ½ a Red or Green Chilli seeded and Finely Chopped. Take great care when handling chillies not to touch your eyes, mouth or nose before washing your hands thoroughly.
- ½ Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Salt and pepper.
- Mix all of the above ingredients together until thoroughly blended.
- 1 Beaten Egg.
- Add the Egg gradually until combined with the mixture.
- Plain Flour.
- Turn the mixture out onto a floured surface and divide into 16 equal pieces. If you have the patience you can further divide them into half again making 32 smaller pieces.
- With floured hands roll each piece into balls.
- 2 Tbsp of Oil.
- 2 Spring Onions Finely Chopped.
- Heat the Oil in a large frying pan
- Add as many of the meatballs as the pan will hold..
- Fry for 4 to 5 minutes until browned all over. Turn frequently during cooking.
- Remove the meatballs from the pan and drain on kitchen towel.
- Place in an ovenproof dish and pour over a full quantity of Taco Sauce.
- Heat in a preheated oven 170°C/Gas Mark 3 for 20 to 25 minutes. Turn halfway through the cooking.
- Sprinkle with the Chopped Onions and serve.
Note: This amount will feed four and can be served with rice or salad.